No, I’m not disappeared, I was just trying to survive. To be honest I decided today to not post on the blog but I needed a break so here I am! Having a break from writing, doing what? Writing…maybe it is really an addiction!
For the curious I’ll update immediately my word count: 41,330. There are still 6 days to go and I’m over excited because at this stage I cannot stay beyond!
The moving house business is over now, but the new house, my house, is a massive mess. Fine, it can wait till the 1st of December!
The nice thing that happened last week was that I met other NaNoWriMo participants. They are all really nice. I found out there are loads of different people out there, who love the same thing I love!
I thought I could update more often about my adventure but the level of stress was rising constantly in particular in the last few days!
I’ll use, anyway, this post to make some considerations:
1. I found out that it’s not easy bring on three things together, when one of this, is working full time or moving house or writing seriously like it was your real full time job when you don’t have time! BUT I’d do the very same again, because that showed me that I can do that if I want!
2. I realized that coffee have a strange effect on me when I’m under pressure; it is really stimulating but it doesn’t work if I’m too sleepy so the effect is more or less like a yo-yo with its eyes closed!
3. The place where I love most to write is the kitchen. I know that for the moment is the only room with furniture along with the bedroom, but I don’t care, now I have a kitchen and I’m proud of it!
4. I love to know other writers! They don’t care about the fact I’m Italian and I’m writing in English, they just sustain me, which is amazing! Thanks to all of you! If everybody would do the very same in his or her own field there would be less wars in the world!
5. I know words I didn’t know I knew… but most of all I know the meaning and I have to look on the dictionary the meaning in Italian, because I know they’re right but I don’t know how to translate them in case I have to!
Said that I’ll copy here, updated, The Other Count not the word count, like it was suggested in one of the forum thread on the website:
Number of the sheets of paper written during work: 19
Number of chocolate bars eaten: 27
Numbers of cups of infuses drunk: 54
Number of real supporters in work: 5
Number of cheerleaders in work: 1
Promise of creating my fan club if I manage to finish the NaNoWriMo successfully: 1
Well, that’s that for now. I suppose that next time I’ll update the blog I’ll know if I did it or not, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!